This entire week the Teen Press Corps will be highlighting the amazing panels that will be featured at the Texas Teen Book Festival this year! One of our most anticipated panels is titled, Hiding In Plain Sight.
Leigh Bardugo is the amazingly talented author of The Grisha Trilogy, a fantasy series that follows the main character, Alina Starkov, who lives in Ravka, a once-great nation that is now torn in two by the Shadow Fold. One day, when Alina’s regiment is attacked at the Fold and her best friend is severely injured, she reveals a dormant power that saves his life – a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free.
Leigh Bardugo is also the bestselling author of Six of Crows, an epic heist novel set in the Grisha world. This book follows six main characters as they attempt to pull of a heist that could make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. But, will these thieves and convicts be able to pull it off?
Fun Facts About Leigh Bardugo
- She was born in Jerusalem, grew up in Los Angeles, graduated from Yale University, and has worked in advertising, journalism, and makeup/special effects.
- If Leigh were to have Grisha abilities, she said she would be a Fabrikator at heart, happily alone in her little workshop far from any fighting.
- She always has to think twice when spelling peek/peak.
- Her favorite word is “Toothsome”.
- She was born and raised in Oklahoma.
- Her books have been published in more than 20 countries!
- Over two million copies of her books have been sold in the United States.
- One of her favorite books is To Kill a Mockingbird.
Billy Taylor, author of Based on the Movie and Thieving Weasels, is coming to TTBF! His new book, Thieving Weasels, was a laugh-out-loud read that also kept me on the edge of my seat. It’s about a boy, Cameron Smith, who goes to an elite private school, has a wonderful girlfriend, and just got accepted to Princeton. His life is pretty great. But Cameron Smith isn’t real. Rather, it’s Skip O’Rourke, who comes from a family of con-artists, pretending to be Cameron. But after four years his past as caught up with him- he has to do one last con or say goodbye to life as he knows it.
Fun facts about Billy Taylor:
- Before becoming an author he worked on several movie and TV sets including: Pee-wee’s Play House, Longtime Companion, and My Cousin Vinny.
- He has taught and guest lectured at Gemini Ink, SUNY Purchase, New York University, and Trinity University.
- He lives in San Antonio, Texas with his wife, Anne, and two kids.
- He can tell the entire summary of Thieving Weasels in 30 seconds.
- He currently lives in North Carolina, but he was born in northern England and has lived in many other places around the world including Japan!
- One of his favorite hobbies is woodworking.
- He has played guitar and piano for many years and was in a few bands when he was in his twenties.
- He wrote 8 novels and submitted them over a period of 20 years before one was published (The Mask of Atreus).
Morgan Rhodes is the author of the young adult series, Falling Kingdoms and Spirits and Thieves. Falling Kingdom follows a princess, an heir, and sorceress living in kingdoms on the brink of war. Spirits and Thieves is a spin off series set in the same world, that follows two teens who unlock an ancient magic and a parallel universe. This series is being pinned as a modern day Outlander and epic adventure! Morgan Rhodes is also the author of the Nightwatchers duo-logy featuring vampires!
Fun Facts About Morgan Rhodes:
- She was a graphic Designer before she became an author
- She lives in Ontario, Canada
- She’s a picky reader
- Morgan Rhodes is her Pen Name
Come Join Us!